|The Prince of Tennis|
|Season New Prince of Tennis OVA, Episode 5|
The Night Before the Decisive Battle
| previous arc|
New Prince of Tennis Specials arc
| next arc|
The Strongest Pair (Saikyō no pea, 最強のペア) is the fifth episode of the New Prince of Tennis OVAs.
Differences from the MangaEdit
- Most of the match's commentary is done by Oshitari rather than Sanada.
- Sanada carries an injured Niou back to the Middle School bench rather than Omagari saying he needs to visit the hospital.
- There are additional flashbacks not featured in the manga. This includes Atobe and Niou's conversation about becoming the Strongest Pair and Niou watching videos of Tezuka's matches as a 2nd stringer.
- Both Atobe and Niou are seen holding the No.9 and No.10 badge whereas the manga never showed this since Tohno served a ball towards Ochi and Mori.
- When Niou uses Illusion to become Ryoma, Tokugawa reacts to it but he's face is never physically shown in the episode.
- Sanada has no lines during this match whereas Fuji has more lines in this match than the manga.