Jūrōta Kosugi (Japanese)
Sakaki Tarou is the 43-year-old coach of Hyoutei’s team.
He has white hair and brown eyes. In the anime, his hair is shown to be a light brown. He is always seen dressed in an immaculate suit.
Sakaki is also a music teacher for their school who has complete confidence in Atobe Keigo, trusting that he is capable of defeating any opponents. A joke has been made about who he is, and Sakaki tries to pass it off as he is ‘just’ a music teacher, although everyone doubts the ‘just.’
Sakaki is very polite and elegant but does not tolerate losses. He knows how to push his players to the top- he subscribes to the philosophy that losers do not deserve a second chance. If a regular member has a loss on his record, he will be permanently dismissed from the regular lineup. Fortunately, as the tournament progresses, the rule becomes too impractical and is not enforced.
- Cell Phone
- Car Keys
- (Manga only) “Immediately drop Shishido from the regulars!” (“Konwo Shishido wa sei regular kara wo hazutsu!”)
- “That is all.” (“Ijyo da.”)
- “Do you still have something to say?” (“Mada nani ka you ka?”)
- (In response to Atobe asking for Shishido’s re-enrollment) “Do whatever you want.” (“Katteni shiru.”)
- “Use your lower body too.” (“Kahanshin otsu karu.”)
- “Good work. You can go now.” (“Gokuro. Itte yoshi.”)