July 26, 1970
Takeshi Konomi (許斐剛, Konomi Takeshi, born June 26, 1970) is a Japanese manga artist. He owns a cat named Kahluamilk whom he uses to assist him in drawing "Karupin", a character in his The Prince of Tennis. He has said that bathing inspires him to think of new ideas for manga..
Every year the National Tax Agency releases a list of the highest income tax payers for entertainers in Japan. The higher someone's income tax, the higher their actual presumed earnings; however it is possible for a person to have paid more taxes than another person who made more money. Takeshi Konomi placed number nine on this list in 2002.
- The Prince of Tennis a manga about tennis and at one time the most popular sports manga in Japan (July 1999 – March 2008)
- The New Prince of Tennis, a continuation of The Prince of Tennis where Ryoma returns to Japan (March 2009 – present)
- Cool -Rental Bodyguard-
- Moon Walker, latest one-shot manga
- Given name: 剛
- Family name: 許斐
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
- Favorite Foods: sashimi & sushi, sake, crab, oranges
- Hobbies: Going to the gym, taking care of his health, playing Mario Party 3
- He was cast in the Prince of Tennis live action movie as a bystander.
- He voiced a waiter in the anime.