|The Prince of Tennis|
|Season 1, Episode 26|
April 10, 2002 (Japan)
Seigaku's Strongest Man, Part 1
| previous arc|
Tokyo District Preliminary arc
| next arc|
Seigaku's Strongest Man, Part 2 (青学最強の男, "Seigaku Saikyō no Otoko") is the twenty-sixth episode of the series and the sixth and final episode in the Seigaku Training arc. This is also the last episode of season one.
Tezuka plays Ryoma in a match and asks him to become the next "pillar of support." From this match, Ryoma realizes that if he wants to become better he must find his own style of tennis and not copy that of his father, Nanjiro Echizen. Afterwards, Ryoma challenges Nanjiro to a tennis match and through his aspirations that he has gained Ryoma manages to score a point. It is then that Nanjiro realizes he made the right choice to send Ryoma to Seigaku.
Characters Introduced Edit
- No notable characters were introduced in this episode
Tennis Techniques Introduced Edit
- No notable techniques were introduced in this episode.
Manga Chapter Equivalents Edit
- Chapter 43: Sign of Strength
Anime and Manga Differences Edit
- Ryoma and Tezuka miss two practices in the anime, this is not shown in the manga.
- Originally, Tezuka informs Oishi he will visit the doctor again, while in the anime he goes without telling him.
- This along with episode 25 aired as an one hour special.