58 (The Prince of Tennis)
Ryūzaki Sakuno (Granddaughter)
The racket of club members that are nearby
YONEX 201 (SHT-201)
Shizuka Okohira (Japanese)
Ryūzaki has coached the Seigaku tennis club for more than 25 years. It was thanks to her that Nanjirō Echizen was able to develop his skills.She sort of has a rivalry with her ex-mentor, Mikiya Banda (Banji), who is the coach for Yamabuki. For the Prince of Tennis live action movie, Ryuzaki's whole personality and back story was changed. Instead of being a middle-aged teacher and ex-coach to Nanjiro Echizen, she is a young, and a more cheerful woman as well as Nanjiro's former classmate, who was her reason for playing tennis and becoming a tennis coach.
PersonalityShe is always there to yell at the players, but is also considered to be a great and reliable coach. While Ryūzaki pushes her students really hard, she is unwilling to trade a W with injuries. Because most of her students are stubborn, her warnings frequently fall on deaf ears. Ryūzaki is a selfless coach and will not hold her students back. Although she knew that Tezuka Kunimitsu is critical to Seigaku, she nevertheless told him about the opportunities elsewhere. She has a good relationship with her regulars, and participateRokkaku Middle School. Fuji felt comfortable calling her "Sumire-chan" although she doesn't like that name.
Despite her harsh personality, she can often try to act younger than her age. These, usually inappropriate, actions often lead her team to become extreme grossed out to the point of throwing up. Even though she is relatively old and a grandparent she still view herself as being young and feminine at times.
- Skill: Continuous Ball Pretense (Hore Hore Attack)
- Favorite food: Raw yatsuhashi (confectionery from Kyoto), soy sauce rice cracker
- Hobbies: Making cakes, horse riding
- She was played by popular singer, Hitomi Shimatani, in the live action film.
- The Chinese drama also makes her a young woman, and in that version she is portrayed by Jiang Hong Bo.
- At the beginning of the series she was 58 years old, but as of August she was 59.