|Ryoma: "Ponta! Ponta! Ponta!"|
This article discusses intricacies or terms found in the fandom, it may not be found in the Prince of Tennis canon.
This template is used for articles that is discusses fandom terms exclusively. Please do not add this if the article makes only a passing mention to the fandom.
- Atobe helps Ryoma regain his memories of tennis before Ryoma's match with Yukimura.
- They are both similar in personality. They are both arrogant, cocky, and take pride in themselves.
- Atobe helps Ryoma train for his match against Rikkaidai when Seigaku were at their training camp.
- They both had their "synchronised" laughing competition before their match in the Nationals, with Ryoma laughing first and Atobe following.
- Atobe often goes to Ryoma's important matches and in his own way gives off the vibe of cheering him on whether it be silently telling him to try harder or things of that sort.
When Ryoma is not paired with Atobe, he is often written to be Atobe's cousin. This happens especially when fanfiction writers write Ryoma as a female. In this sense, Atobe is written to be overprotective of his "baby cousin" as fans enjoy making. This type of fanfiction is quite popular.