|The Prince of Tennis|
|Season 1, Episode 23|
March 20, 2002 (Japan)
| previous arc|
Tokyo District Preliminary arc
| next arc|
Here Comes Inui's Deluxe Drink! (登場!乾汁デラックス, "Tōjyō! Inui Jiru Derakkusu") is the twenty-third episode of the series and the third in the Seigaku Training arc.
The day starts of with an intense training session for the Seigaku's regulars. To prepare for the prefecturals, Inui sets up practice matches and forces the loser to drink his juice, which after it's added ingredients had been renamed to, " Special Golden Power Remix Inui Juice." All of the regulars play hard, hoping that they won't have to drink this juice but unfortunately Kaido, Oishi, and Ryoma ending up doing so.
Characters Introduced Edit
- No new characters were introduced in this episode.
Tennis Techniques Introduced Edit
- Although Ryoma displays his acrobatic tennis skills, no notable techniques were introduced in this episode.
Manga Chapter Equivalents Edit
- Chapter 46: Half Court vs. Full Court - 5 Rally Match (Part 1)
- Chapter 47: Half Court vs. Full Court - 5 Rally Match (Part 2)
Anime and Manga Differences Edit
- In the anime Kaido lost by using a Boomerang Snake while in the manga it was just a regular Snake.
- Tezuka accidentally drinks the Inui Juice instead of Fuji in the anime, this did not happen in the manga.
- Both Kaido and Oishi were shown fainting after drinking Inui Juice though they ran away in the manga.
- Inui debuts a new juice in the anime but it stays the same in the manga.
- Ryoma is almost able to escape drinking Inui Juice but this is not shown in the anime.
- In the anime Horio makes up his own juice, Horio Juice Special Grand Extra Version.
- Inui's Special Golden Remix Inui Juice is shown for the first time (in the anime).