14 (The Prince of Tennis)
Hyotei Academy (3rd Year)
Taki was a regular on Hyotei's tennis team until he lost to Shishido Ryō and was replaced by Hiyoshi Wakashi.Taki was Chōtarō Ōtori's former doubles partner. He was dismissed from the regular lineup by Advisor Taro Sakaki days before the Kantou Tournament after losing horribly to a much improved Shishido, who at that time had been dropped from the regular. Taki was present when the team paid an unofficial visit to the street tennis courts to taunt Momoshiro Takeshi and An Tachibana.
Taki is always seen with his team during the Hyotei games.
Taki has chestnut brown hair that reaches the bottom of his ears. He has a frail frame that, along with his hair, gives him an effeminate appearance.
During the Nationals he offered his own hair to be shaved when Atobe lost his match. But, due to Atobe's conciousness returning, Atobe took the shaver and shaved his own hair himself.
Playing Style and Techniques
None of Taki's matches were truly shown on-screen throughout the whole Prince of Tennis series. What is known is that he was skilled enough to be a Regular on Hyotei's team (while Hiyoshi was a reserve) until he lost against Shishido after his improvement. He was also Otori's former Doubles partner, which may hint that Doubles was his specialty. The video games give him the self-proclaimed title of "Hyotei's Magician," although the validity of a player's skills from the games compared to canon are lacking.
- Commitee: cultural committee
- Hobby: flower arrangement
- Most desired/needed item: antique pet dish
- Daily routine: 爪の手入れ (doing his nails)
- Dislikes: raw eggs
- Special skill: he's able to stop the stopwatch at exactly one minute
- Shishido saved Taki from drowning in the swimming pool.
- Taki has an exteremely precise internal clock.
- He apparently likes measuring things
- “Not bad.” (“Yaru ne.”)
- “The speed gun says it’s about 192 kilometers per hour.” (“Speed gun de hyaku kyujyu ni kilo datte yo.”)