Fudomine Middle School (市立不動峰中学校 Fudōmine Chūgakkō) is an unseeded and unknown public school with rumors of violence. It was originally unknown due to an unreasonable coach and a lazy set of senior regulars. The freshmen at Fudoumine were brutalized severely by the older tennis club members, while the coach ignored the mistreatment.
Tachibana and the abused freshman attempted to rally together and form their own tennis club, but the coach and the other players found this idea absurd and tried to stop this from happening. When the coach allowed his older club members to attack Tachibana and the freshman, Tachibana snaps and attacks the coach. As a result, Fudoumine is pulled out of the Newcomers Tournament that occurred six months prior to the current year's District Tournamet.
Tachibana and the others eventually reform the club, and in the series, upsets Kakinoki in the District tournament semifinals and Hyotei in the Prefectural quarterfinals. They go on to make it all the way to the quarterfinals of the Nationals before losing to Shitenhōji. Fudoumine's uniforms are black hooded jackets with the Fudoumine logo, black shirts, white shorts, and black warm-up pants.
- Found during Showa Year 22, Fudoumine currently has a student body of 527 (279 boys, 248 girls).
- The school's headmaster is Kimotomine Tarou.
- Bench Coach: Kippei Tachibana
- Captain: Tachibana Kippei
- Vice Captain: Akira Kamio
- Sports Goods Manger: Shinji Ibu
- Physical Trainer: Ishida Tetsu
In past years, Fudoumine had been a no-name tennis team to their peers in the sport, but that all began to change with the arrival of Tachibana Kippei six months ago. He rallied a group of talented but mistreated first-year players, rebelled against their senpai and coach, and rebuilt the tennis club. Regrettably, their use of violence resulted in their disqualification from the Newcomer Tournament. The new Fudoumine pulled off a number of big upsets at this year's tournament including defeating Kakinoki in the District tournament semifinals and Hyotei in the Prefectural quarterfinals.
Although they could not work their magic during the Kantou semifinals and were annihilated by Rikkai Dai Fuzoku, Fudoumine rebounded by defeating Rokkaku for the third place standing, and advancing to the National Tournament, a first time for the team where they then went on to pull off a surpise defeat to last year's finalists Makinofuji of 4-1 in sets. however Fudoumine's spectacular year ended with a quarterfinal loss to Shitenhoji in straight sets.
Tennis Team MembersEdit
The captain of the Fudomine tennis club. He cares for his team as much as he does for his sister and Fudomine Middle School friends. He's been injured, playing against Rikkai's Akaya Kirihara, although he can maintain his composure.
- Kamio Akira - Kamio plays tennis by rythym. He's the fastest player on the team and is proud. He has a disliking for Momoshiro Takeshi for stealing his bike.
- Ibu Shinji - He's the silent kind. He mumbles to himself which his is unaware of but causing others around him annoyed. He plays tennis by attacking over, and underhand returns, in result paralyzing his opponents hand and wrist.
- Ishida Tetsu - He's the 2nd power player to be introduced. He like Taka does Hadokyu, in result he puts too much stress on hie arm, and he's the one who sprained Taka's wrist.
- Sakurai Masaya
She's the sister of Kippei. She's a second year, at Fudomine, like her brother she does play tennis. She, and sometimes some of the Fudomine regulars, like to go play street tennis after school. She doesn't really like Rikkai's Akaya, since he hurt her brother. She likes Momoshiro, her brother, and the Fudomine regulars. She's friends with Ryuzaki Sakuno, so sometimes with her team they go and watch to support Seigaku, like other teams.