14 (The Prince of Tennis)
0.2 (both eyes)
Higa Middle School (3rd Year)
Ryuukyuu Minami Elementary school
|Japan U-17 Camp||
Court 5 (Former)
Nationals OVA 1
Tarusuke Shingaki (Japanese)
Eishirō Kite (Japanese: 木手永四郎,Kite Eishirō ) is a 3rd year student who is the captain of Higa Middle School tennis team.
Captain of the Higa team from Okinawa. Nicknamed Hitman, he has a strong rivialry against Tezuka. Though Higa is painted as a dark and cruel nemesis for Seigaku, there is some indication of a deep bond between the team and the great respect that they all share for their captain. Kite is shown as a strong but violent player, he even goes as serving a ball straight into Coach Saotome Harumi's abdomen when the latter tried to abandon his charges after Higa lost the fourth straight set to Seigaku. Kite often threatens his teammates with eating gōya (bitter melon). He is known to have amazing balance.
Kite wears glasses and has dyed purple hair. In the past, it was black but dyed it purple to appear "cooler".
Kite speaks with polite speech to others, but is willing to omit it if he is angry or provoked.
He cares very much for his teammates, being the driving force of what kept them together during their unorthodox training. Kite was willing to stand up to and hit his own coach Saotome when he called all of the Higa players useless and prepared to leave the court.
During his doubles match with Marui, Kite showed geniune remorse for pretending to betray him. After Atsukyo's techniques become more violent and intense, Kite told Marui to stay back and let him take the hits, as compensation for earlier in the match.
All of Kite's teammates have a deep trust in him. Not only is he responsible for assembling this team of martial arts prodigies, but his tennis is a notch above his comrades.
- See: Eishirō Kite/History
Playing Style and Techniques
Kite is Known for Using an Aggressive Tennis Style which Earned him the Nickname "Hitman". He has Incredible Balance which make him the Best at Using Shukuchiho out of the Higa Players. It's been Stated that he Taught the Higa Team Almost all of their Techniques.
A martial arts-based technique. Where as his teammates can only use this step in the front-back direction, Kite can use it in all directions.
A serve that packs a lot of power.
The ball curves wildly after it bounces. It can be used as a serve, a smash and even a forehand.
Whereas the Habu only curves after the ball lands, the Giant Habu curves immediately after leaving the racket. This was Shown During His Match With Marui Against Atsukyo Tono and Ikuto Kimijima to Pass through Marui's Wonder Castle.
By using the racket with a reverse grip the Viking Horn shot, which curves before reaching the opponent's side. this attack is utilized by waiting for the opponents reaction and at the last second, striking back to the opposite side of the reaction. Making it extremely difficult for the user to return the shot. Kite taught this move to Kai.
U-17 Camp Stats
- Speed: 4
- Technique: 5
- Mental: 4
- Stamina: 4
- Power: 3
- Foot Size: 25.5 cm
- Hobby: Going to Theatres
- Father’s Job: Company employee (Apparel)
- Spends Allowance On: Glasses care, Hair dressing place
- Favourite Motto: Win by force
- Strong Subject/s: Chinese literature, Earth science
- Worst Subject/s: None
- Committee: Evaluation committee
- Most frequently visited spot at school: Club room
- Favourite Colour: Black, Purple
- Favourite Food: Sookisoba, Gooya chanpuruu
- Favourite Movie: 80’s France movies
- Favourite Book: Fashion Magazine
- Favorite Music: Schubert
- Type of girl: Quick-witted woman
- Date Spot you want to go: Casino
- Thing you want right now: Ankle boot
- Daily Routine: Hair set (1hr 15min)
- Dislikes: Earthquake
- Special skill: Okinawan Martial Arts, Costume Design
Daily School Life
- 04.30 - Wakes up, practices Okinawan martial arts forms
- 05.00 - Spends 1 hour and 15 minutes setting his hair, has breakfast
- 07.00 - Arrives at school, morning practice
- 08.20 - Helps with the goya field behind the clubhouse
- 08.40 - First Period: At his homeroom teacher’s request, looks after a hungover Saotome
- 09.40 - Second Period: Social studies; Okinawan history
- 10.50 - Third Period: Science; frog dissection
- 11.50 - Fourth Period: Music; Okinawan folk songs
- 12.40 - Lunch break. Has the mixed goya DX and brown sugar ice cream
- 13.10 - Orders Tanishi (who ate too much) to do muscle training, and keeps an eye on him
- 13.30 - Fifth Period: English; listening
- 14.30 - Sixth Period: Maths; small test
- 15.30 - Makes a report on accounts at the advisory committee meeting
- 16.00 - Club activities. Works on physical strength with free-diving, tactics meeting
- 18.00 - Scatters some delinquents he encounters whilst hanging around the glasses shop on his way home
- 19.00 - Returns home, has dinner
- 20.30 - Upon hearing that Kai hasn’t come home, goes out to look for him
- 22.00 - Takes a bath, thinks up a new uniform design
- 23.30 - Goes to bed listening to Schubert
Note from Rin: Eishirou, you’ve gotta do something about that field. You even have your own watering can- you’re getting too into this!
Note from Shiranui: Somehow, the captain was the only one who knew there was a test. What’s more, the teacher gave him a frightened look…
- Since they were kids, he always been ordering Kai and other people.
- He won in an Okinawan Martial Art Competition when he was a kid.
- He was also in the same class as Kai during their freshman year.
- He won the Grand Prix in a fashion competition.
- He once won 2nd place in a marathon for using Shukuchihou.
- Kite can threaten the club members by saying “I’ll feed you gouya.”
- He won in a school cooking competition because he scared the judges with his entry: gouya.
- It was only is his 2nd year that his hairstyle changed to regent.
- During their 2nd year, the tennis club presented a fashion show in the cultural festival and he designed all the clothes.
- During breaks between classes, he would always go to the bathroom and fix his hair.
- The first thing he does after waking up is practice Okinawan Martial Arts.
- He always prepares for his lessons and is considered a model student.
- There is a gouya field behind the clubroom and he helps maintain it.
- He takes really good care of his friends/club members. When Tanishi ate too much, he ordered him to do some exercises and watched over him. When he found out that Kai was still not home even though it’s already late, he went out to look for him.
- He is the one who designed the Higa Chuu uniform and is even, now, thinking of new designs.
- Kite's original hair colour is black.
- He can apparently stand on one leg for 19 hours.
- He and Kai have been friends since childhood.
- When he was 6-7 years old, Kite went to an elephant park with Kai’s family.
- Prior to becoming captain, Kite used to hate gouya as much as Rin does.
- It is revealed during the match for the title of Japan's U-17 No.s 7 & 8 by Kite's respective Higa teammates, that it was he who taught them Habu, Viking Horn and Big Bang.
- In the U-17 Training camp, he’s in the most crowded room, Room 220 where all the Higa Boys are.