|The Prince of Tennis|
|Season OVA, Episode 13|
March 23, 2007
Two Of Us
| previous arc|
The Nationals - Higa arc
| next arc|
Deathmatch - King vs Prince is the 13th episode of the Nationals OVA and 7th and final episode of the Rematch against Hyotei arc. It originally aired on March 23, 2007.
The opening song is "Kakaeta Kiseki" by Aozu and the ending is "Fujouri" by Hyotei Eternity.
In Singles 1, Ryoma faces Atobe to see who advances to the semi-finals of the national tournament. Ryoma uses the State of Self-Actualization, but it is useless against Atobe and his new move, "World of Ice". But Ryoma counters World of Ice with an incomplete version of his father's "Zone" technique, which is the same as the "Tezuka Zone". Eventually, the two go into what seems like a never-ending tie-break. In the end, Ryoma brings Seigaku to victory.
Tennis Techniques Introduced Edit
Manga Chapter Equivalents Edit
- Genius 296: The Self-Centered Pair
- Genius 297: Fierce Clash! Echizen Ryoma vs Atobe Keigo
- Genius 298: Prelude to the Battle
- Genius 299: World of Ice
- Genius 300: An Approach to Perfection
- Genius 301: Supporting Seigaku's Pillar
- Genius 302: The Value Of Ryoma's Experience
- Genius 303: Decision For Victory
- Genius 304: Who's the Winner
- Genius 305: First Defeat
Anime and Manga Differences Edit
- Some techniques are used in the anime that differ than the manga.
- Ryoma shaves Atobe's hair in the manga while he is unconscious, in the anime Atobe shaves it himself. This was most likely changed to tone down Ryoma's aggressive actions.
- Yukimura and Sanada are shown watching the match in the in anime.