|The Prince of Tennis|
|Season OVA, Episode 23|
October 24, 2008
The Way We Play
| previous arc|
The Nationals Semifinals arc - Shitenhōji arc
| next arc|
Can you see the Stars in Broad Daylight!? is the 23rd episode of the Nationals OVA and the 4th of the National Finals arc. It originally aired on October 24, 2008.
The opening song is "Across My Line" by Echizen Ryoma and the ending is "Dear Prince ~Tennis no Oujisama-tachi e~" by Ikemen Samurai.
The halfway point in the final of the Japanese Middle School National Tennis Tournament between Seigaku and Rikkaidai Fuzoku. Singles 2, where Niou Masaharu faces Fuji Shusuke. After Rikkai won the first two sets of Singles 3 and Doubles 2, if Rikkai won Singles 2 then it will be a clean sweep for Rikkai as they would win and achieve their third straight Nationals win and cause complete misery for Seigaku.
Tennis Techniques IntroducedEdit
Manga Chapter Equivalents Edit
- Genius 359: Nightmare
- Genius 360: Fuji Syuusuke vs Tezuka Kunimitsu
- Genius 361: Thought Beyond 2 Years
- Genius 362: Fuji Syuusuke's Great Wall - 2nd Match
- Genius 363: With Close Eyes, My Heart Feels You
- Genius 364: Trickery
- Genius 365: Time, Moving Once Again
Anime and Manga Differences Edit
- Momoshiro talks to Ryoma during the match to help jog his memory in the anime.
- Gakuto, Oshitari, and Atobe talk about Niou using the Pinnacle of Hard Work in the anime, in the manga it is Rikkaidai.
- Due to a previous filler match between Fuji against Tezuka, the anime mentions this previous match. In the manga it is stated that they have only played one match before, it being the one when they were first years.
- Sumire yells at the Seigaku regulars for talking and to cheer on Fuji in the match in the anime.
- In the anime Fuji remarks that he was defeated by Tezuka previously, this is in reference to the filler match they had in the anime. In the manga he instead notes that they might have subconsciously avoided having a rematch.
- Atobe comments on Fuji and Tezuka regarding who would win the match in the anime.
- In the manga Yuta watches with concern during Fuji's match.
- Atobe explains Fuji's closed eyes in the anime, in the manga Yagyuu explains with Kirihara noticing it was the same during their match together.
- Yuta, Mizuki, Tachibana, and Shiraishi are shown watching Fuji's match in the manga.
- Niou defeated Fuji's counters while mimicking Shiraishi in the manga.
- In the manga Niou is shown to use Shiraishi's Perfect Tennis and Entaku Shot, in the anime he only shot a serve as him.
- Niou teases Fuji that he won't lose next time in the anime.